Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

This is ***** *****. My Karcher 2400 psi runs fine when I

Customer Question

Hi, this is ***** *****. My Karcher 2400 psi runs fine when I crank it for a moment with no water attached. Once I attach the hose and turn it on it starts, but runs very rough. Also with the water attached it barely sprays and eventually stalls out after just a short time. What do you think? I borrowed this from someone and it was working great for a while and then entered this condition. This kind of thing seems to always happen when I borrow something! Thanks a ,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pressure washer: Karcher model G 2401 OH. Will not run with the with water attached but runs great with no water turned on. It was working fine for about 30 mins of use and then just conked out. I could not get it restarted, n
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the choke on the carburetor opening? Is the inlet screen on the water hose clean? Choke has to e open, or engine will run rich, and will not develop full power. A look at the spark plug, being black in color , will show if engine is running rich. The inlet screen plugged with debris will keep the water from getting to the pup in quantity, to keep the pressure going.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pressure washer runs great without the water hose attached, but once I attach the hose and turn on the water it will not start. I do not think this is a carb or spark plug issue as a result of it running fine without water.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What you say , is that it runs fine without a load. Try draining the fuel bowl on carburetor , to see if it may have water in it, and is getting too little fuel.