Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a kioti ck 30. I put a new starter switch on. Now…

Customer Question
I have a kioti ck...
I have a kioti ck 30 . I put a new starter switch on . Now tractor will not start. I have fire to switch and starter. Puzzeled ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you today.

When you say that you have fire to the starter are you checking this on the small wire that comes from the ignition switch down to the starter? If you are checking on the large post where the battery cable is connected then it is always going to have fire or be hot, the small wire coming from the ignition switch has to activate the starter to make the starter engage and crank or turn the engine over. If you have voltage or fire to the small wire coming from the switch down to the starter then your most likely problem is a grounding issue in the starting system, either the starter is not grounded to the engine good, the switch into the frame good or a bad battery ground.