Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Pk thanks. I have a ten year old Countax with a Honda twin…

Customer Question
Hi pk thanks. I have...
Hi pk thanks. I have a ten year old Countax with a Honda twin and it was running ok b4 the winter but now when I turn the key and hold it turned the starter kicks the engine 5degrees or so and the dash all goes out then it all comes back on and keeps cycling like that. Battery is a Lorry battery so no problem there
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Its a "C" series, all fuses ok. brake off -does not try to turn
. Brake on - does try so ecu recognises switch state at least . when I put 12V to the solenoid feed it pulls in and turns the engine perfectly but there is no spark at the plugs and the dash displays all go off I've ordered a new control board as I've come to the conclusion that's the fault
Thanks for looking but I guess what I need is a wiring diagram. I'm wondering how the ignition module is fed. The Pcb/ecu has several mini relays potted into it so maybe they're not "holding in" under cranking
2/20/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

It is fed by the 6 pin relay.

Was diagram helpful?