Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

1982 ez go. No top end power. All electric. I think it's the…

Customer Question
1982 ez go. No...

1982 ez go. No top end power. All electric. I think it's the wiper switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have replaced the batteries with old but still good batteries for the process of elimination. Cleaned all terminals ect. The problems started with bad connection s and melted terminals. After fixing the problem the power became an issue.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/20/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Wiper switch just makes connection. the Resistor pack, that the wiper switch cables go to is more likley. Check the three resistors and the last cable off the wiper switch, the resistors act as speeds, and the ;ast connection ff the wiper, should be direct battery voltage to the drive motor. Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? Be sure each battery s above 6 volts. Any battery with less than 6 volts, can have a bad cell.

Everything seems to point to the last contact point of the wiper. Since the battery was arcing that connection was likely arci g. So I've read anyhow. It's an old cart. I think I'll change the wiper and resistors. Cheap fix. And should cover all the bases.

OK, I bought resistors off Ebay for my old one. And you can by the wiper or parts for it. Thanks.

Did you get parts ordered?