Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

1982 ez go. No top end power. All electric. I think it's the

Customer Question

1982 ez go. No top end power. All electric. I think it's the wiper switch.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have replaced the batteries with old but still good batteries for the process of elimination. Cleaned all terminals ect. The problems started with bad connection s and melted terminals. After fixing the problem the power became an issue.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Wiper switch just makes connection. the Resistor pack, that the wiper switch cables go to is more likley. Check the three resistors and the last cable off the wiper switch, the resistors act as speeds, and the ;ast connection ff the wiper, should be direct battery voltage to the drive motor. Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? Be sure each battery s above 6 volts. Any battery with less than 6 volts, can have a bad cell.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything seems to point to the last contact point of the wiper. Since the battery was arcing that connection was likely arci g. So I've read anyhow. It's an old cart. I think I'll change the wiper and resistors. Cheap fix. And should cover all the bases.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, I bought resistors off Ebay for my old one. And you can by the wiper or parts for it. Thanks.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you get parts ordered?