Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a JD 340,it turns over but wont start.I am thinking…

Customer Question
My name is***** have...

My name is***** have a JD 340,it turns over but wont start.I am thinking it has something to do with safety switches.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Late in the Fall it wouldn't do anything, a few week ago it started right up. Now it just turns over but wont start.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Have you decided what my problem is?
Answered in 1 day by:
2/20/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is this the Deere X340 lawn tractor, with the twin Kawasaki engine? Or snow mobile? Snowmobile would have the emergency kill switch and the key switch. Either can kill spark.

It dosent have the twin engine, its a 340 lawn tractor.
It is a Kawasaki engine

Engine model number? Does it have a single terminal igniter that attaches to the wire going to the coil? 340 is only shown as X340 with twin engine . You sure about the model number? If no igniter, unplug the wire from the coil and see if you have spark when cranking.

did you get spark?

I am so sorry, I cant asnswer that Question.My Son was in a accident Saturday morning,and he would be the one to do that. But I did get some info. It is a 20 H V twin its a 98 model. Model no is 00345B070325.

Sorry! Let me know when you want to work on it. Has to be loosing spark or fuel and with a twin engine, more likely fuel problem. Carburetor or fuel supply to the carburetor.