Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a used 5k939 Dayton gear motor. It has a couple extra…

Customer Question
I have a used 5k939...
I have a used 5k939 Dayton gear motor. It has a couple extra wires hanging out of the wiring cover. It looks to be factory wiring. A Blue lead and a Yellow lead. They are not connected as far as I can see to any thing in the Immediate area. What are they? Purpose?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
2/19/2016
Technician: AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist replied 2 years ago
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Home Specialist

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you provide a picture of the motor wiring compartment with the cover removed for review?

Motor nameplate also if possible?

Dayton items are difficult to acquire info online due to non published material

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks