Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do I adjust the oil injection on a 2003 ZX suit 600 H…

Customer Question
How do I adjust the...
How do I adjust the oil injection on a 2003 ZX suit 600 H ho. I just had a rebuild done and I know he turned up the flownsure enough oil is getting pumped and I also missed my first two tanks 50 - 1. Everything's running fine I just would like to turn down the oil mixture as now it is using about a quart every 45 2
55 miles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/16/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The oil pump stroke has to be changed to lower the oil output. It is cable operated, by the throttle, Follow the throttle cable to where it splits and goes to the oil pump. You have to adjust the cable, so it pulls less travel. The more travel, the more oil is pumped.