Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need onan 166-0842 bucket truck,do you know when they are

Customer Question

I need onan(###) ###-####for my bucket truck,do you know when they are going to make that part from onan or do you know who has one,truck been down for 8 months thanks jack
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It looks as though this part has been discontinued by Onan. I have searched across the internet on numerous websites and everything that I am finding says that it has been discontinued. I did find a couple of websites that state that it is on national backorder and has been since June 2015 but my guess is that they just haven't updated their information. The best recommendation that I could make at this time is to check with a parts distributor in your area. If you can provide your zip code I can help you with locating some of your nearest distributors and you can continue from there.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

In most places that I did check the part number actually changed to a(###) ###-####01 if that helps any at all. It shouldn't make a difference since when you give anyone the original part they should have the superseded part number in their system or parts listings.