Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a LTX 1050 and the Hydrostatic drive whines really…

Customer Question
I have a LTX 1050...
I have a LTX 1050 and the Hydrostatic drive whines really loud go fwd. and backwards
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/13/2016
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like it could be low on oil in the transmission. This is the first thing that I would check anyway. When these transmissions get low on oil they will whine. If the transmission has a filter on it you could have a filter that is partially blocked causing oil to flow through it slowly which would also cause a whine under pressure. Normally on these machines in order to check the oil level in the transmission you have to do so through the vent on the top of the transmission. You want the oil to be within an inch of the top of the transmission casing, if you need to add oil to it you will want a 15W50 synthetic motor oil.