Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The motor on my Craftsman garage door opener is making a…

Customer Question
The motor on my Craftsman...
The motor on my Craftsman garage door opener is making a terrible screeching noise. It will still raise and lower the door but it sounds very bad. The outside temp is 15 degrees F and this only happens in the cold weather. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/12/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Usually a broken part, like a gear or a nylon part by the trolley would cause the door to make a strange or loud noise but I don't know what the cold would have to do with it ..............is there any other thing you might have noticed? .......and also a light grease would be better than the spray ...........and I don't know if you did this but unplug the motor and put a dab of grease on those moving parts

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician