Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

After driving my fully charged cart from 10 to 20 mins the…

Customer Question
After driving my fully charged...
After driving my fully charged cart for anywhere from 10 to 20 mins the cart just stops. It is as if the key were turned off or the accelerator were defective. Then when I sit for a few minutes it will run again. What causes this and how can I fix it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
2/4/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Make and model? Year ?

Battery age and condition? Do you hear solenoid clicking when pedal is pushed after it quits?

Can be a single battery going bad, or it can be the solenoid dropping out.

My cart is an 04 TXT

Do you have a voltmeter to check the voltages?

OK,what is battery age, and what does each battery test? After charging and when cart quits?

Batteries are 4 months old. Tested at 38.7 volts but I have not tested when quit. I will take my battery charger with me and test the next time. Probably after lunch, ( CST)

Ok, also listen for the click from the solenoid and foot pedal. If the foot pedal or the solenoid does not close, the cart gets no power to the controller. Solenoid or foot micro switch or wires to them are common faults.

where is the foot micro switch.

Under the drivers side mat, under a cover.

You should here it click when pedal is pushed. Better heard with key OFF>