Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have 17kw generac. I replaced with new battery it ran days…

Customer Question
I have 17kw generac...

I have 17kw generac. I replaced with new battery it ran for 4 days and now the battery is dead again. I took the battery back and they said isit is not the battery. What can the problen be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just will not start up after 4 days. The battery loese it charge.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/31/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Make and model of the generator? It likely has a battery charger that has failed and is not charging the battery. Generac usually puts it next to the generator control assembly. It has to be wired to house current , so it charges when generator is not on. Do you have the owners, manual, it will show the charger.