Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How do you reset a craftsman model #139-245613 garage door…

Customer Question
How do you reset a...
How do you reset a craftsman model #139-245613 garage door remote
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/29/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

we can try a few things when you're ready ............it would help me if you could tell me what went wrong and was it working previously.......and if anything had disrupted the dynamics of the door opening for instance a power outage...........please recheck the model number too

Charged and never got an answer.The remote is new and came with the opener.The dip switches were moved.
How do you set the dip switches in the opener.

Hi you only got charged for a deposit on a subscription to Just Answer ...............I never received payment for this because you would have to rate me for any answer I provide ..........but I hadn't asked to be rated yet .............so it will be an additional 18.00 or so............and again if you could check the model number for me and answer the previous questions we can try and get you up and running

Thanks

eddie

I paid $24.00 and just found your answer which tells me nothing.I will not pay anymore.
model #139 245660

okay I understand .....................but please don't give me a bad rating that wouldn't be fair when I am trying to help you if I can

Easy question,how to set the dip switches to match the opener.

you need dip switches both on the opener and your remote do you have those ?

Remote ####-##-####
No dip switches on the opener I can see.
It is a 1977 opener that is brand new.

then the remote you have is not going to work

It did come with the opener and is from the same period.No dip switches in the opener.

with dip switches you need to code them both to the opener and the remote for it to trans-pond

you can buy a Universal Reciever Kit but I'm not sure it will work on that old a unit

I think there is a piece missing.The opener is brand new ,and works fine from the relay switch.
O.k. thanx will just use the mechanical switches.

sorry I wish I could have helped more........I checked the rate box now..............I understand your position so it is up to you if any help I provided was worth it

thanks

eddie