Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 6 year old 45KW Generac natural gas genset that

Customer Question

I have a 6 year old 45KW Generac natural gas genset that starts and immediately shuts down. The control panel light for overspeed is one.
We changed the sensor that detects the rpms of the flywheel and the other similar sensor and the circuit board too. Nothing worked to fix it. We also changed the natural gas pressure gauge on the feed line for the natural gas.
The highspeed light is still on and the unit shuts down. It has proper water and oil in it to the correct levels.
Any suggestions. Thanks, Mark
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any damaged wiring on the generator that may be causing this fault here.I have seen in some cases where damaged wiring can cause this type of fault here needing repaired to correct this issue.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,I have our techs working on it. They do all our electrical at my chemical plant and installed three large Generacs for us here at our plant. My personal unit is somewhat of a conundrum. They were on the phone with Generac twice and still cant figure it out. The magneto over the flywheel is good and the cam one is good. They found some water in the wiring somewhere and dried that out. They changed the control board to no avail. I had read the stator and or rotar may be messed up. They are getting with some pros in Houston they know to try and figure it out. Thanks, Mark
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the water may have left corrosion.If you have not checked for any wiring corrosion or terminal connection corrosion with the wiring this should be done and if an issue is found the wiring or terminals may need replaced to correct this here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete