Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a cottage in a condo association. Starting a month

Customer Question
ago another person also part...
I have a cottage in a condo association. Starting a month ago another person also part of the association whenever she used her remote opener it would also operate my garage door. I need to know how to fix this problem so that only my remote would operate my door, Is there anything I could do to eliminate this problem since there are times that my garage door stays open for a long period if I did not check my garage door. Is there anything in the opener that could be changed to prevent this from occurring in the future? These openers are recent models installed within the last 2 years. The models are MyQ Liftmasters.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Small Engine
1/27/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

1-) The make LIFTMASTER WITH MY Q and model and/or number ??? of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner 2 years

3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

4-) do you know where the OPENER MOTOR unit controls are?

5-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

6-) did this model come with a router and how far away is it from the opener

7-) is there a steady or blinking light on the opener by the control adjustments?

we can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician