Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 2006 tioga with a onan 4000 generator the motor…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 tioga...
I have a 2006 tioga with a onan 4000 generator the motor home was plugged in and the generator was started now there is no power out of the generator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/27/2016
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 2 years ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

If the genset is running, it is producing power.

First, check the circuit breaker on the genset to make sure it is not tripped.

Next, check to see if you have an onboard receptacle in your shore cord compartment, that the shore cord need to be plugged in to for genset power.

If the breaker is not tripped, or their is no receptacle, then you likely have a bad transfer switch.