Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am trying to remove the that is connected to the blower…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to remove the nut that is connected to the blower fan on the bottom of the blower.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I want to replace the coil on the blower, and the only way to acces it is by removing the motor from the case

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/26/2016
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Remove your spark plug, and insert about 12 inches of soft rope, into your spark plug hole. The rope will serve as a piston stop, to prevent your crankshaft from rotating, as you are attempting to loosen the nut.

Make sure your piston is about mid-ways down inside your cylinder, prior to inserting your rope. A piece of pull rope from a lawnmower, or trimmer, etc. will work well for this purpose.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!