How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steve Your Own Question
Steve, Mechanic
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 3477
Experience:  ASE auto mechanic that fixes his own small engines
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Steve is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking temp sending that is 2 wire normaly closed that

Customer Question

Looking for a temp sending that is 2 wire normaly closed that opens at around 240 degrees to use on a portable generator
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You might check with a generator or small engine repair facility to see if they can order one in that fits the needs you have here.Usually this is the best place to locate a temp sending unit for the specifications you need here as they use several places they order parts from and may be able to obtain the one you need.

If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to know a part # ***** at least a manufacture for what i am looking for
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if I can help but are you looking for a surface mount sensor or one that will install in the engine crankcase?

Where do you plan on mounting this sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water temp. Needs to screw into the block Pipe threads 1/2 inch or smaller
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

This link will take you to a page that has a sensor I think you could use with an adapter to get the size correct.