Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

, I have a Lawn Boy 320 E snow thrower which was

Customer Question
I have a Lawn...

I have a Lawn Boy 320 E snow thrower which was operating fine today. As I was operating it, I notice the key and ignition switch were suddenly missinf and an open hole was in the control panel where the iginiton switich had been

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
ok take me to page to pay 18 dollars but plesasde make sure i get to speak with an expert who can answer my question
how we doing?
this cant be a difficult question, "how to open up chassis" is anyone really looking at this question?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/25/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The top cover has to be removed to access the area below the panel. Let me look for owners manual.

on the lawnboy site, it does not recognize 320E.??

So I can't find owners manual!

I have a Lawn Boy 320 E snow thrower which was operating fine today. As I was operating it, I notice the key and ignition switch were suddenly missing and an open hole was in the control panel where the ignition switch is . model is 28222. I have pdf of operating manual. I need someone to tell me how to open chassis so I can see if ignition switch and key are hanging there . This web site is malfunctioning. I have put in deposit three times without a response. If possible please call me at(###) ###-####
how much extra for a phone call?
I have manual an so does lawn boy model is 28222
I could send pdf of maual
Phone call session started

Send pdf of manual

I have manual!

Page 13 shows you can remove the panel and let it hang, to get to spark plug, this will let you get to the back side of the panel and look for the shutoff /keyswitch.

ok, key is missing, i dont see little ignition switch, , i see a wire which may be what ignition switch plugs in to , i dont see that on diagram. it must have popped off while i was using blower. interestingly snow blower did noit shut down , i shut it off by stalling it via choke. i am not sure it will start without ignition switch or key
wow it started without ignition switch . had a hard time shutting it off. i did so by choking it repeatedly and pumping primer. so much for safety. looks like the switch is off and its locked in on position , is that possible?

Switch can be locked, it may have gotten hot, and melted! all it does is short out the kill wire to the coil. If you ground the single wire, going to the engine it will kill it. To start it, just insulate the wire, so it does not ground out!

hmmm, i see a single wire with a plastic connector coming from somewhere . The connector has two linear " female plugs". Judging from drawing and closeup of ignition switch , the switch has two "prongs" o it that looks like they plug into the plastic connector at end of ignition wire. So how do I ground the wire to stop , blower while its running ? or insulate wire so it does not ground ?I have ordered another switch and key .

The two wires,, one goes to engine, the other goes to a ground point. Just keep the wire going to the engine isolated, so it does not ground out. To kill engine, just touch it to the metal of the engine?