Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 8,5 briggs starts second then it stops

Customer Question
my 8,5 briggs starts for...
my 8,5 briggs starts for 45 second then it stops
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you keep it running any longer if you leave the choke on or partially on?

No

It sounds like the carburetor jet is blocked and will need to be removed and cleaned. If you can remove the carburetor bowl from the bottom of the carburetor, inspect the bolt/nut that holds the bowl on as this normally will have three holes in it that serve as the main jets for the carburetor. There are two parallel to each other in the side and one down through the top center of the bolt/nut, make certain that all of these are thoroughly clean and it should solve you problem.