JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have POULAN PRO PR67ES it was working min. Now every time

Customer Question

I have POULAN PRO PR67ES it was working for 45 min. Now every time it the CHOKE is moving to run it stop. keeps stoping
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like you have gotten a piece of trash in the carburetor jet which is restricting the fuel flow which is causing you to have to run with the choke on. I would remove the carburetor bowl and thoroughly clean it along with the carburetor jet while you are there. You could run a carburetor cleaner through it added to your fuel tank(something like SeaFoam) it will just take a while to notice any difference in the performance doing it that way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE CHOKE WILL NOT STAY AT FULL THAT THE PROBLEM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MACHINE TURN OFF
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

That contradicts what you have in your initial complaint. You say that if you move the choke to run then it stops. I am not thinking that you need to keep it fully choked but maybe partial choke in order to keep it running. Again, my thought is that you have some trash in the carburetor that is partially blocking the carburetor jet and causing a lack of fuel which would explain having to run it on partial choke to keep it running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I JUST PAY 22 DOLLARS FOR THIS IF I CALL 18 MORE
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I do not work in the billing department of this service so I can't tell you a lot about how that works. I can however tell you that if you request additional services outside of the normal chat or email that we are currently using they(the site admin) do normally charge an additional fee. If you would like a phone call I can send you an offer which would be less than their normal fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

If you need additional assistance feel free to come back here and continue our conversation.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.