Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm ***** *****. My old toro 624 won't maintain rpms. I have

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. My old toro 624 won't maintain rpms. I have rebuilt carb in the past but I think I am ready for a new carb. What do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ran ok last year but would cough and backfire periodically. Now it will not run without choke on and has very little power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like you just need to clean the carburetor jets, it is not getting enough fuel to keep it running properly therefore you are having to keep the choke on and it is performing poorly. What engine does this machine have on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H60-75504v
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is a Tecumseh
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is a Tecumseh. You should be able to just remove the carburetor bowl. The bolt/nut that holds the bowl on serves as the main jets for the carburetor, make certain that all of the holes in the bowl bolt/nut are thoroughly cleaned. This should solve your running issue.