Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The name is ***** *****. I have a powerland PDST24 and the…

Customer Question
Hello, the name is...

Hello, the name is ***** *****. I have a powerland PDST24 and the auger will not turn (its locked) the chute wheel does turn. the shear bolts are not broken and the belt is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I just did. see above

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
The shoot wheel is engaging just fine (and the belts are fine as well) the auger blades will not move. they seem to be locked. Everything else works as it should.
1/24/2016
Technician: Vince O., Small Engine Technician replied 2 years ago
Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician

Hello, when you turn the impeller does the shaft going to the auger gear box turn?

it does. The response took longer than I expected (needed to fix the snowblower asap to dig myself out after the major snow storm) so I had to trouble shoot the issue. Turns out the gear box needs to be replaced. At this time I will not need the assistance with the understanding that I do not owe any $$ since I did not receive a resolution.

Contact cust support if needed.