Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a power tech diesel generator that won't start. The…

Customer Question
I have a power tech...
I have a power tech diesel generator that won't start. The model is PTRV-3SV2. I get a fault code of 3 flashes and have checked the oil level and tried temporarily disconnecting the oil pressure switch, but still nothing. It cranks for a little bit, and then just stops. Has anyone worked with this generator before?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 day by:
1/25/2016
Technician: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked the fuel supply to the generator this needs done.If a fault is found with the fuel going to the generator this can cause this here if there is a restriction in the fuel lines or a restricted fuel filter needing replaced for this fault here.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hey Pete, I'm away from the unit now, but I'm going to try a few things first. The three light code actually indicates a low oil pressure but I checked that already and nothing was wrong there. Either way, thanks for attempting to help!!

O.k.,if you have checked the sensor and oil level and found this o.k. there is a chance the wiring from the oil sensor may be damaged causing this issue here.Let me know what you come up with.

Thanks Pete