Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Toro snow blower will run with only a little bit of gas. If

Customer Question

Toro snow blower will run with only a little bit of gas. If i fill it up it will stop running.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. The symptoms you are describing, indicates that your carburetor will need to be cleaned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the carb over the summer. It ran for 10 mins in the summer till I shut it off and it ran for another 10 min till I turned it off. Today is the first time I have used it since the summer. I purchased gas yesterday and added 2 cycle oil with stabilizer. Once I get this going for 2-3 mins runs great and then cuts off. It will not restart. If I wait 30-40 mins it will then start up after about 3-4 pulls runs for another 2-4 mins. So are you still suggesting a carb cleaning or could it be something else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there some type of adjustment to the carb other than idle?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Can you get the make and model numbers for your engine for me? Due to you having to wait before your engine will re-start, we need to determine if our problem is ignition related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toro CCR 3650
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I would like for you to try something.