Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My Ariens Snow blower will not start, Briggs &Stratton Snow

Customer Question

My Ariens Snow blower will not start, Briggs &Stratton Snow Series. Has new gas and have removed and checked the fuel bowl. Can only get the engine to run if I continue to push on the primer
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Based upon your symptoms, you still have a clog jet, or fuel passage inside the body of your carburetor. Can you get the model and type numbers, from your engine, for me?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

The bolt that you removed, in order to remove your fuel bowl is you Main Jet. There are three small holes in your Main Jet. Use a small wire, and some carburetor cleaner in a can, to clean these holes really good. While you have your fuel bowl off, clean it too. Re-assemble your fuel bowl to your carburetor, and tighten your bowl bolt. Try starting your engine again.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I will attach a picture of your Main Jet.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Please click on the image links below, to open images. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!