Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Troy bilt snowblower model 2840 and the carb is

Customer Question

I have a Troy bilt snowblower model 2840 and the carb is gummed up ( I think, it hasn't been started in a year) how do I get to filter to try and spray starter? It looks like there is a shroud over carb. do I need to remove or is there any intake I could spray? I know it is better to clean carb, but I am up against blizzard and cannot do that now.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

You will need to remove the cover in order to get starter fluid into the carburetor. There is no air filter on the machine so you don't have to worry about that. The intake is under that cover, it is a heater box that helps to preheat the air going into the carburetor in order to prevent carburetor icing.