Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a craftsman 5.0 snow blower. It starts fine and it

Customer Question

I have a craftsman 5.0 snow blower. It starts fine and it does run, however it doesn't pick the snow. How do I fix??
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me a little more about your problem? Is the auger or impeller turning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blades at the front are spinning. (lol) I am an accountant so if you tell me where to look I can look and let you know.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Since they are spinning I would check to see how much clearance you have between the blades and the blower housing. If this clearance becomes too wide it will not pick up or throw the snow well. You want to have around an 1/8" clearance if it gets to be much more than that then the machine will not work well.