Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 5500 has only a few hours on it .It will crank but won't

Customer Question

Customer: My 5500 has only a few hours on it .It will crank but won't turn over. I ran it back in july. I added gas treatment and put gas in the carb.But still won't run .Thanks Bob.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been trying to start this for 3 days. I have also cleaned the spark plug. Everything is on and the tank is full. It seems like the gas that I pore into the carb wants to kick the engine over but then it wont run. When I pull the cord it also backfires.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like the jets in the carburetor are stopped up and not allowing fuel to pass through them in order to keep the engine running. What brand of machine is this?