Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Ricci issue with a toro 3650 snowblower that wont start

Customer Question
***** ***** Ricci issue...

***** ***** Ricci issue with a toro 3650 snowblower that wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure. I've replaced the spark plug (and also tried the same below steps with the old one) put new gas in it will start for a few seconds with carb cleaner sprayed directly into the carb if I disconnect the gas line to the carb gas pours out but it simply won't start on its own and/or stay started without the carb cleaner

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/22/2016
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me what engine you have on this machine?

hi John,it says toro model(###) ###-####

That looks like it is a part number for the decal which really doesn't help me. Let me see what else I can find. Do you know about how old the machine is?

It's about 3 or 4 years old I guess. Let me check if there's another label somewhere, be right back.

It has a two cycle engine on it that was made by Briggs for Toro. The carburetor is very simple and easy to work on which is most likely your problem. Let's try pushing the primer about 15 - 20 times and then try to start it and see what happens.

I did try that, and the primer bulb crumbled in my hand.... awesome right? It will start momentarily if I spray the carb clean in the carbeurator but only runs for about 10 seconds then boggs down

It sounds like you either have some old fuel in the carburetor bowl which needs to be gotten out of there or the carburetor jet is stopped up. Since your primer bulb crumbled you can blow compressed air into the small hole in the white plastic base to do the same thing as if you were priming, just don't apply too much pressure.

The primer bulb is part number 66-7460 and can be purchased at an authorized Toro dealer in your area or online.