Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Electric ezgo will not go. Batteries seem charged but no…

Customer Question
Electric ezgo will not...

Electric ezgo will not go. Batteries seem charged but no lights or power

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I just purchased the cart and the owner said the batteries did not charge overnight that I should use a battery charger on each battery until the charger would take over and I did that but now I have no power anywhere on the cart. no light etc. There was a big spark when I connected the charger the first set of batteries but nothing after that. Seems like a fuse is blown but they all look good to me.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Willing to wait. not in a rush. I am old and patience is earned.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
What happened? I am waiting. Not interested in paying if no response. Is this a gimmiclk? did I waste my money?
1/23/2016
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Year model? Control type? Do you have a voltmeter to test the unit? Do you have power to the key switch? Should have battery voltage. On PDS models, the power comes from a reed switch built into the cart port of the cart.