Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I overfilled my new snowblower with oil. ran minutes or so,

Customer Question

I overfilled my new snowblower with oil. ran for 5 minutes or so, then a cloud of whitish smoke and then it shut down
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Have you gotten the oil to the proper level yet ? , if not we need to do that first . Then remove the spark plug and turn it over a few times with the plug out so you can blow the cylinder out

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

It's going to spray oil out the cylinder because it's so over filled it's most likely fouled the plug etc . Clean the plug then see if it start . It's going to smoke some because oil is in the valves and muffler and has to burn off .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it running. Thanks
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Great did removing the spark plug and clearing the cylinder help ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate my service They should have a star system you can use if you need any other help feel to contact me

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Was clearing the cylinder what got it running ?