Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 15000E. Have not started in awhile (I know - my…

Customer Question
I have a 15000E....
I have a 15000E. Have not started in awhile (I know - my bad). I put on trickle charger to make sure battery was charged. Charger indicated it was but I left it on the trickle for 24 hours anyway. But when I attempt to start I get a chattering starter motor. SO.. is the problem most likely a bad battery, the starter motor or something else? Is there an easy way to test some or all of these before I go buy a new battery? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/20/2016
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

This description is a faulty battery

use a volt meter , check voltage on the battery before and during starting

you should have 13.2v at battery an drop no more then 11.5 during cranking

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service