Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Craftsman 13" thickness planer modelthat I can no…

Customer Question
I have a Craftsman 13"...
I have a Craftsman 13" thickness planer model###-##-####that I can no longer raise or lower the cutting heads. The crank does not turn. The last time I was able to use it, it worked fine then after a month of not using it it was frozen. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/20/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Ron..........that fine saw dust will just eat up a tool.......it could very well be why it seized on you ............have you ever cleaned and greased the elevation screws?.......also would you have an air compressor to blow it out ?

thanks

eddie

I blew it out, disassembled some of the shafts and gears without success. My plan is to contact Sears and find a repair shop. Thanks for the suggestions.

still no good huh ?...........well I hope you can get it going it is an expensive and invaluable tool