Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Dear ***** *****, I have a Troy Bilt generator - got about 2

Customer Question

Customer: Dear ***** *****, I have a Troy Bilt generator - got about 2 years ago. Have started several times, but never had to use. We are expecting a huge snow storm this weekend. I went out to try and start it - no luck - and noticed gas dripping from behind the air cleaner, near the fuel valve, whne I open the fuel valve to try a start. The model is 7000 Watt XP Series Portable Generator. I'm sure I need to change the gas, and maybe the oil, but why the leaking gas? About 20 degrees here today. Derick7000 Running Watt Gas Generator (model #030477 - Not available in California)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Leaking gas when I try to start. I made a video if you want to see it. Leaks when I open the fuel valve. Stops when I close same.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you

Yes I would like to see the video , Please