Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Our snow blower wont throw the snow

Customer Question
Our snow blower wont throw the snow
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/17/2016
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what is the make ,model, and year ,Please

OK. Sorry I took so long as I had to go out and ask my husband. It's HP. It's 8 y ears old.
Mu husband checked everything there's nothing broken.

Thank you for that

I still don't know the brand , Please

Sorry, I forgot to tell you it's a Mastercraft. Mastercfaft is sold by Canadian Tire. I can't talk on the phone
one cause it will cost me lots more money and my husband are retired so our pensions are low.
There must be a simple reason why everything else works on the snow blower
but it won't blow the snow away

Hi Thank you for that

I can not do phone calls either ,in USA , so many $$$, Retired also

I do not know that Brand, but tell him see if auger turns free

see if he can turn it ENGINE OFF, I thing a shear key has broken

with auger engaged .

Hi

I'm just following up with you

did you find the problem

did my answer help you , let me Know

Technician: Miel-cssm,
 replied 2 years ago
Miel-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/small-engine/9i2tf-snow-blower-wont-throw-snow.html. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 2 years ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you.

Have you checked the belt that drives or turns the augers, it could be broken or stretched causing the augers to not turn?