Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

, I'm looking at buying a motorhome and the

Customer Question
I'm looking at buying...

I'm looking at buying a motorhome and the generator is not starting. There is a wire by the spark plug, it appears to be labeled ign, I would believ that it is ignition. I see the female but can not see the male part, where does it plug in?

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

photos?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The guy that I'm looking to buy home from pulled the spark plug and by doing so, disconnected two wires. A red one, approx. 1/2 long, I found the female to it and got it plugged in, the other is a small white wire, has ign printed on it. I belive that it would be for ignition, I see feale but don't see male part. Do you have photos of that area around plug or know where to look. I am not getting sprk, machine turns over but no fire.
Are you there?
How do I get a faster answer?
Answered in 2 days by:
1/19/2016
Technician: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect around the spark plug and spark plug area on the engine and see if there is a plug that this wire connects to.Also inspect to see if the other wire end fell down on the side of the engine.I dont have the exact info on this model here where this wire connects but this would be the areas I would check to see if I can locate where this wire connected.If this is or has already been checked with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete