Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Cub cadet snow blower 2x 524 swe does start, but dream down

Customer Question

cub cadet snow blower 2x 524 swe does start, but dream down in a few seconds.
I use the blower for the first time this winter.
I bought this blower 2 years ago and worked very well for 2 winters.
It is very tight pulling ignition wire. It was not like that before.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like the engine is just not getting enough fuel to continue to run. It starts and burns out what has been primed into the carburetor and then can't pull enough fuel on its own to continue to run. The first thing that I would do is thoroughly clean the main jets for the carburetor. Depending on what engine is on this machine it is normally fairly easy to do. Remove the nut/bolt that holds the carburetor bowl on, this has your main jets in it, three holes. Make certain all of these holes are clean, two parallel to one another in the sides of the nut/bolt, one right down through the top center.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer. I will try what you suggested.
Can I send you message again after I tried and have some question ?
My concern is gas seems leaking when I started. (I saw some droppings on the ground after I tried started it)
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Not uncommon once you prime the machine, sometimes you will get a few drips out of the carburetor after priming.

Feel free to continue our conversation once you have tried my suggestions. Once you are satisfied with the outcome you will be given a chance to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will come back to the blower and try. Talk to you later.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what happens.