Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Craftsman table saw model number. I am trying to

Customer Question
I have a Craftsman table...
I have a Craftsman table saw model number###-##-####. I am trying to remove the arbor from the shaft and it will not move. Any suggestions? The arbor is extremely tight on the shaft and barely rotates, making it hard to raise or lower the blade. Thank you very much, George
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Small Engine
1/10/2016
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

George do you recall if it is a two wrench removal?........................and maybe it is a reverse thread.............last do you have a manual for it if not I will try and track one down for you

thanks

eddie

I have the manual. It is the whole housing arbor with the teeth for the height adjustment rod. I want to remove the whole housing from the shaft.
The part we wish to remove is 30420 on the schematics.

oh so it is not for the blade...........okay I will try and obtain that view .........if possible would you be able to take pictures and up load them in needed?

No I can't take pictures. George

okay I will try my best to get that view in the manual but it might be difficult to assess the situation properly even more difficult since I am not on site but again I will try ............I will not ask to be rated until I can offer you some help and it will be your prerogative not to accept ...........but lets plan for the worst and hope for the best

okay let me ask you a question ............why is it you are looking to remove? has something broken on it?..............because more often than not some fine fine saw dust gets into these moving parts and do cause them to not function the right way............so my other question is have you gotten a blow tip on an air compressor and blown out that whole thing with it ?...............then after a good cleaning you would lube those parts really well ......please advise

thanks

I have removed all the sawdust and lubricated all the parts. I want to look at the shaft as it is almost seized and barely moving. I almost need two hands to raise and lower the blade.

I hear you .......again it is that fine saw dust that is holding up the parade and I can only see a risk involved in taking something like this apart ........if it were me I would continue with the air pressure tip and WD-40 and maybe it will loosen things up enough .........Just Answer requires me to be rated after any kind of advice but I don't like not being to get you to a sound resolution............what I offer might be a slow process but like I stated the risk of damaging something else is a probability

Thank you for your trouble.

sorry I wished I could have done more ...................good luck George

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician