Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My grand son put gas & oil mixture in my snow blower, 20001

Customer Question

My grand son put gas & oil mixture in my snow blower, 20001 model. He run engine
until it died. I drained gass tank, cleaned carberator with Carb cleaned, Engine will start
with pushing chock but does not run good, no power. What can I do. Jerry Havener
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jerry, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me what engine you have on this machine? The model number that you have posted isn't a good number according to Snapper parts look up. I would suggest a new spark plug. The oil mixture running through the engine really shouldn't hurt anything else but it can foul the spark plug because of the oil. When you cleaned the carburetor did you clean the holes in the bolt/nut that holds the bowl on the bottom of the carburetor? If not I would thoroughly clean the holes that are in it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I done all that was ask and problem still exist. Any other suggestions. New spark plug, cleaned carbarator, and bold that holds holding cap on. Gerald
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide the engine information(model, type and serial/code numbers) so that I can better assist you?

It just sounds like there is a problem in the fuel system that is not allowing enough fuel to pass through the carburetor which will cause you to have to keep it partially choked in order to get it to run.

If you can tell me more information about the engine, what brand, style carburetor it has it would be helpful.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

That makes me think bad sensor!