Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a 27 tn Yard Machine powered by Honda i was splitting

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I have a 27 tn Yard Machine powered by Honda i was splitting a round of hard wood the engine stopped an wood not restart frozon i removed the top hand crank and freed it up with a bracker bar it made a klick sound like the piston was stuck i than put it back togeather and it started rigth up i let it run for about 10 min's then tryied to spit a smaller round it came down to the round but did not have the power to split it did spit a smaller 1/4 of a round also the engine is not excieleratig at ***** ***** presure
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes the engine starts up fine and i can excielerate by hand thorteling it does'nt miss fire
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible the hydrolics have a problem how can i fix?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer . It sounds like after locking up the engine isn't producing the power to split wood , it could be the govenor is damaged but my first concern is why did it lock up . Can you check the oil to see if it's thin or smells like gas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the oil no gas smell ialso started the engine and split another 1/4 round of Oak it will only split if i hold the wood hight enough to contact the wedge blade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when splitting the wood the engine boggs down
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

7 honda carburetors are very sensitive , a carburetor that's slightly blocked will cause the engine to not pick up rpms under load for example like on a pressure washer . That being said I still think you could have some govenor damage being it seized and when you freed it up you said you heard a klink sound right ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya i was afrade a ring broke ill check the float boil for any dbreese and let you no is tommarow ok its 30 degs and dark out?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Sure you can reply at any time . What to look for in the Hondas is you remove the carburetor and remove the bowl , float , needle and pin then flip the carburetor upside down do your looking at the under side of it . There will be a brass jet screwed in the center , unscrew it and the jet will come out . It will have 8 to 10 pin sizedholes in it , spray those out with carburetor cleaner

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks get with you later happy new year!
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Happy new year I'll see what you find with the engine tomorrow

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you had a chance to check the carburetor and engine ?

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you had a chance to check out the carburetor etc

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you had a chance to pull the carburetor