How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hank F. Your Own Question
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 14888
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Hank F. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a J series onan 6,5kw excessed from FAA, with an

Customer Question

We have a J series onan 6,5kw excessed from FAA, with an antiquated control panel. My question to you is can I fit a more up to date control panel to this generator. (air cooled diesel)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

There is no panels available for this unit.

If you want to upgrade the panel, you will need to purchase and gauges and switches individually, and make your own panel.