Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Any thoughts as to why my newly purchased Powerpro

Customer Question

Any thoughts as to why my newly purchased Powerpro Technology 4050 generator will not start? I've filled it with gas and oil, turned on the power switch, turned the gas flown valve to open and opened the choke. I get nothing when I pull the cord. I also noticed gas leaking when the gas flow valve in turned to the open position.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Did you initially close your choke, before attempting to start your engine? Your carburetor could be flooding. How old is the gas you are using?