Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought this 2001 club car 48 V used been sitting up wiring

Customer Question

I bought this 2001 club car 48 V used been sitting up wiring was all messed up had a guy redo all the wiring for the run side minus lights horn extra it ran fin but went from dead stop to wide open only no variables the batteries are fully charged now won't move at all it attempts to creep but then stops. I can hear the sylinoid clicking and the motor will hum but that's all I get any help would be appreciated
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

DO you know what kind of speed control you have? The Vglide, mechanical speed control or a Curtis controller? With just one main solenoid, or a bank of solenoids? DS model or Precident? Here Is link to Club Car parts, Look at DS model, Parts manual Section II. for electrical section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only has one solenoid
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

See section 12 , page 16, see if that looks like your system. Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltages? What does battery pack voltage read? With 48 volt system, battery pack fully charges should be close to 56 volts!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Each battery reads 8.5 or better I'll have to check total voltage still lookinging at manuals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the v glude
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
glide
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
54.8 V
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a carry all 2 if that makes a difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial number is *****
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

wiring will be same. Where is this cable that is off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comes off the controller runs across and tied below charger plug area connected to nothing. The posts also has a much smaller wire running from it not positive but I think it runs to computer
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

So cart has OBC but is bypassed? And charger works ok. If you take voltage reading on the loose cable is there any voltage at any time? Key on or off, and when pedal is pushed?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

With Vglide, does it have voltage to the contacts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No voltage at anytime. I'm not sure obsessed has been bypassed but don't think so.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

How about the Vglide for voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mistake it runs through some kind of board under floor board then back to computer. Can't get to v glide until I can move it to my shed. Maybe tomorrow
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, Look at the 12,E picture, Vglide with, OBC and controller. Shows wire from contoller to OBC. Black wire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I looked at the diagram and it would appear the other end goes on negative terminal of battery number 6. But I couldn't find the box on diagram with the box under floorboard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope pictures are coming through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also there is no resister across the solenoid if that makes a difference. The cart took off once today wide open but didn't last long I hadn't done anything when that happened
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You say it didn't last long. What are battery voltages now? Third picture I could not make out. Box under floor ?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Resistor needs to be there for proper operation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Voltage was the same no change. It's dark out I'll get back with you soon as I have the time. I'm off Wednesday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the third picture you can see black wire from the other pictures I touched the wire to number 6 battery there was no change to voltage or the workings of the cart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignore that phot accidentally touched it wouldn't let me remove it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will watch for your return.