Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My toro xls 420t lawn tractor is leaking grease from where

Customer Question

my toro xls 420t lawn tractor is leaking grease from where the r/h rear axle shaft exits the transmission - is this serviceable ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me a minute or two, to look up your transmission?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alll i want to know is - is it a sealed unit or can you replace the bearing and seal and is the part avilable
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Your transmission is repairable, and the two halves can be separated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I pulled up a parts lists for your mower, and it does not show parts numbers for an axle shaft seal for your transmission.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

It only shows your complete transmission assembly.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Henry. I would like to do all I can, to help find a seal for your transmission. All Toro shows, is a complete transmission, and does not list the internal parts for your transmission. I do not feel that a person should have to replace a good working transmission, due to a leaking seal.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I have an idea for you and me. If I can get you to take a look at your transmission, to see if there is a tag on your transmission, that has the Make and Model Numbers of your transmission on it. I need to know the manufacturer, and model numbers. With this information, I can hopefully locate your seals via a parts list, provided by the manufacturer of your transmission.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I will continue to work with you, until we find a solution, to our problem. Henry, I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Henry, I found that your transmission was made by a company named General Transmissions. You have what's called an Element V Automatic CVT Transmission. The seals are available. All I need is the actual model numbers from your transmission. With these numbers, I can get part numbers for you.