Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I just replaced 2 Auger blade bolts on newer Honda 928

Customer Question

Customer: I just replaced 2 Auger blade bolts on newer Honda 928 snowblower and now pull start rope is frozen!? ***** ***** B
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pull Rope will not pull.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, did you have the machine tilted or on its side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually just backwards into handle
Bars while replacing auger bolts
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

The cylinder could be filled with oil creating a hydro lock. Remove the spark plug and place a rag in the plug hole area and pull the rope slowly to listen and look for oil coming out. It could get messy.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

If the cylinder does have oil in it the engine will smoke like hell for a minute or two when started.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then What?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Just run it until it quits smoking then wipe up any oil mess that may come out the muffler Let it cool and recheck oil level.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

If the rope is still hard to pull you may need to repeat the process. Be sure to clean oil out of the plug too