Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm working on a generac model 44563 stand by gen set.

Customer Question

hi
I'm working on a generac model 44563 stand by gen set. engine turns over fine with the starter ....but there is no spark to either plug....
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

model number does not show.What is the the engine model number? With twin engine, and no spark to either cylinder, I would suspect there is something killing the spark to the coils. Look at the kill circuit going to the coils. Oil pressure switch or a bad on/off switch can ground out the kill circuit, and kill the spark.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Locate the kill wire that goes to the two coils, and remove the kill wire to test. If you have spark, the kill circuit is grounded.