Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Replace in homelite 26b, have spark, fresh fuel,fuel in

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** replace carburetor in homelite 26b, have spark, fresh fuel,fuel in primer bulb. Still wont start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The carbs are brand new and were simple to install.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Will it fire if you put fuel into the spark plug hole? If not, the compression may be low. Remove the muffler and examine the cylinder and piston.