JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

What do I need to remove to change ignition coil Troy built

Customer Question

What do I need to remove to change ignition coil for 2410 Troy built snow blower. I have the part. Unable to find repair instructions
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me which engine you have on this machine? Provide the model and serial number from the frame of the machine? Provide the model, type and code numbers from the engine? So that I can better assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mtd
31as62n2711
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a copy of service manual section for this repair
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no service manual available to anyone other than Troybilt dealers. It is located on a password ***** website that only dealers have access to and publishing or supplying information from it to anyone outside of a dealership is strictly prohibited.

I can however tell you that this machine has Troybilts own engine on it, it is a Chinese built engine. In order to replace the ignition coil you will have to remove the plastic housing that is on top of the engine, the muffler guard, the plastic molded plate that is bolted onto the front of the engine and covers the carburetor and across the blower housing or starter assembly, you can then access the blower housing or starter assembly to remove it so that you can then replace the ignition coil. It is not a hard job but it does take some time to do due to the design of the machine.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

If you need additional assistance with this feel free to ask.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.