JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 6 month old Craftsman 7400 Pro Kohler zero turn

Customer Question

I have a 6 month old Craftsman 7400 Pro Kohler zero turn mower... I moved to a new house and I was cutting my lawn yesterday for the first time... There is an indent in my side yard and I somehow threw my cutting deck off where the left side is dragging on the ground and looks like it was pushed back towards the tire... They can't get anyone out here until January 6th and I need help???
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model and serial number from the tag that is on the frame of the machine?

It sounds like a deck hanger has come loose but I will need to be able to look at a diagram of the machine to be able to point you in the right direction for solving your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey John.. See attached
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I am a little confused, your prior information says that you have a zero turn mower. The model information that you have sent to me is for a conventional front engine rider with a 48" mower deck. Is this information correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Craftsman Pro Series GT 54" 26hp Hydrostatic Kohler Garden Tractor-Non CAThat is the description on the Sears Invoice... I also bought the 5 year protection but they can't get anyone to the house until January 6th...
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thank you for verifying that information for me. It was confusing because in your original comments you said that it was a zero turn mower. This is not actually a zero turn mower it is considered to be a conventional front engine rider.

Based on the information that you have provided it sounds like the deck hanger lift linkage has come loose on the one side of the mower deck. It is attached to the rear of the mower deck with a hairpin clip, if this clip comes out then the hanger can come loose and it will let that side of the mower deck hang loose and not be the same level as the other side. Trying to raise and or lower the mower deck will make no difference on that side of the deck, the deck will just drag on the ground all the time. I am including a picture of the lift linkage on this machine, you will see the two deck lift linkages reference numbers 91 which are attached to the rear of the mower deck with reference 87 and 89. I think that you will find one of the two links have come loose from the mower deck or the lift bracket.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.